Monday, November 26, 2007

Ministry Updates

The Nebbie Team

Thank you so much for all of you who have been praying these last couple of weeks for the different ministries we have been involved in! Jesus has helped us so much and has opened so many door for us, for which we are so thankful! Once again we are amazed at what He is doing in Arua and the surrounding areas! Our last pastor's training sessoin in Nebbie went well! My heart was overjoyed to be able to return to Nebbie and to be able to help train the pastors! These men are amazing and to be able to partner with them in ministry is a gift from God! I wish you could see their faces and hear their enthusiasm as we share together during our training times! We are so thankful that God has put us together with these men who are so passionate about spreading His name throughout Uganda! Please continue to pray for the pastor's in Nebbie who are part of the training as the lead their congregations and live out their lives as Christian men within their community!


I would also like to specifically ask for prayer for me this coming up Wednesday, November 28th. This is the day when I will be presenting my sex education curriculum to 45 teachers with representatives from all 15 high schools in Uganda. It is not so much the presenting that makes me nervous, but knowing that I will be presenting to Christians, non-Christians, and Muslims make me nervous, but at the same very excited to see how God is going to work!! The seminar is from 8:30 am to 3:30 pm Uganda time which is 12:30 am to 7:30 am EST. I would covet your prayers during these hours! I know that is in the early hours back home, but if God brings this to mind I would be so thankful for your prayers at any time!


A short note on Uleppi - we were unable to make it to Uleppi last week because the day we planned to visit Uleppi the chief was in Arua. I was able to meet up with him during his time in Arua and talk through what the next couple of weeks will look like for me visiting Uleppi. We plan to drive down on Friday to assess their cattle for breeding. They were to chose ten of their best cows for breeding and once we arrive on Friday we can figure out specifically what each cow needs for improvement. Then on Monday we will send the records and information to Entebbe, Uganda to buy the sperm so that it will be avaliable by next Wednesday so that if one where to come in heat we could breed her. We are running short on time, but at least this way if some of them to not come back into heat before I leave at least they will have the supplies in place so that they could have the director of agriculture come and breed the cows. Please also be in prayer for our trip on Friday and for our time with the people of Uleppi!


Also thank you to all of you who were praying for my speaking engagement last night at Heritage International Fellowship. Jesus helped me so much!! So thank you for carrying me last during that time!

Calender:

November 28th - Sex Education Training

November 30th - Uleppi Visit

December 1st - Nebbie Pastor's Training