Friday, June 20, 2008

He has done GREAT things!


Praise Jesus forever for He has done GREAT things!! Thank you so much for all of your prayers over the last two weeks! I have really sensed you all carrying me to Jesus and WOW He has done amazing things! Thank you so much for praying for the abstinence talks in some of the secondary schools (high schools) here in Arua. Jesus has really helped me to communicate His message of purity and holiness to these students! I am humbled and in awe of how He has worked and how He has used me in these days! The first school I talked with over 250 girls and it was a Muslim school! So praise Jesus for open doors!! In the second school I met with about 50 boys and girls who were leaders of some of the clubs in the school that address the topic of sex education. It was great and we had about 45 minutes of questions and answers (talk about having to think on your toes, but Jesus helped me!), but their questions were great and you could really sense that they wanted to learn and grow. I attended my last school today and Jesus’ presence showed up in a mighty way as I sat under a tree with 8 girls and shared Jesus’ plan for our life in purity and holiness. Words cannot describe all that happened under the tree, but I can tell you that it was so sweet and real! Please pray for the girls and boys of Arua and Uganda that they would truly be a pure generation and seek to live a life of holiness!


Also thank you so much for praying for my time in Nebbi! It was great to be back with the Pastors in Nebbi and to fellowship with them! They truly are men and women who love Jesus and seek to spread the Good News to the people of Uganda! Jesus really helped all of us in our training and we could sense His presence guiding us! So thank you for covering us in prayer!



This has been a great week, but it has also been sad as it is my last week in Arua. It is hard to believe that my time here in Arua is already gone! On Monday we (the Arua Team) will travel down to Kampala for a conference on Community Health. I am very much looking forward to the conference, especially after these abstinence talks! Then after the conference I will stay in Kampala a few more days before flying back to Georgia on the 2nd of July (I will actually not arrive until the 3rd though). Please pray for me as I say my final good-byes (for now) and process all that He has done in these last weeks! Once again thank you SO much for all your prayers! I am forever grateful for them!!