Thursday, November 15, 2007

God is so Good!


Praise God forever I am finally back “home” in Arua! Thank you is not enough to express to all of you how grateful I am for all your prayers for health and for my return back to Arua. Although I may never quite understand all the reasons for my return to the states I can look back and see how God was with me every step of the way and guiding my path! He truly is in control and sitting on the throne!!

My first two weeks after arriving in Uganda were filled helping the WGM Kampala team in various aspects. I spent half of my time volunteering at Heritage International School (HIS). HIS is the school that all of our WGM missionary kids attend and where several of our WGM missionaries work. I was able to organize the textbook room, take inventory, and various other miscellaneous other tasks. If I was not working at HIS my time was spent working in the field office organizing files, filing, and other secretarial tasks. While I was in Kampala I was also able to visit several AGC (Africa Gospel Church) Churches. I was once again amazed at all the God is doing around Uganda and around the world! I am very thankful for my time in Kampala and to be able to work beside and partner with WGM Kampala in ministry.

While I enjoyed my time in Kampala my heart rejoices to be back in Arua!! It has been such a blessing to see again the people who I love so dearly! Oh yes and our guards Simon, Dennis, James, and Christopher as well as our house helpers Jane and Jessica send their greetings to you all and said to thank you for letting me return and may God bless you! (Greetings are very important in Uganda – do not worry I gave them greetings from you as well.) The picture to the right is of our gaurds, Marori our dog, and of course James my brother.

Jesus has really helped order my days since I have returned! Knowing that I only have about a month to accomplish what I hoped to do in 6 months is has been a little overwhelming, but Jesus has helped and is constantly showing me how He has gone before me and paved the way. I have been able to contact both Dr. Stella (the dinister of agriculture) and Robert (the director of health) and meet with them both. I honestly do not have words to express to you how God has showed up and worked in those meetings, but wow has He moved!

Many of you have been praying for the village of Uleppi and for the farmers there. Uleppi is a small Christian village about a hour south of Arua that has a small congregation of farmers who have been praying for years for someone to come and help them breed their cows so that they can have a herd that can produce more milk and beef for their families. The amazing thing about when we met with them back in May was even though the wanted help with their herd of cattle more importantly they wanted bible studies and training. God has put such a burden on my heart for this village! After meeting with Dr. Stella we are tentatively (I say tentatively because it is Africa) planning on going to Uleppi next Tuesday with the purpose of not only doing a bible study with them, but also to chose 10 to 15 cattle that are the best for breeding. After Tuesday we can proceed with buying semen from a place in Entebbe, Uganda and using the records they have been keeping may even be breeding cows by the first of December! The enhancement of the cattle in this village will greatly help so many families and at the same time each time we visit they will be brought the Word of God! Praise God forever!! The picture to the left is of the farmers and their families in Uleppi.

As if that were not more then enough to be amazed at God’s working during my meeting today with the director of health we were able to set the date for November 28th for the abstinence based sex education training. On the 28th I will be training 45 teachers with representatives from all 15 secondary schools in Arua – government, private, and Muslim. What a God thing!! Please pray for us as we try to coordinate all the details of putting on an event like this and pray that the teachers will be open and responsive and that most of all God would be glorified in it all!
We are all very busy these days not only with the programs listed above, but also with training pastors. On Friday and Saturday of this week John, Erica, and I will be training pastors both here in Arua and in Nebbie. Pray especially for John and Erica Rinehimer as they will be carrying the bulk of the teachings this weekend. God is doing great things during these training times and we greatly appreciate and covet your prayers for these times!

Thank you for your prayers for all of us here in Arua! I am pleased to announce that there is a new member of our team as many of you have heard – precious little Elsie Jayne Coppedge! Even though they are in America for these days we are so grateful for her safe arrival and cannot wait to have them all back here in Arua!! Please continue to pray for strength, rest, and health for Billy, Joanna, and Elsie and for a continued recovery for Dr. Al Coppedge, Billy’s dad.

Once again thank you for your faithfulness in prayer for all of us! Truly I could not be here with out all of you and your prayers and support! Much love from Arua!


Upcoming Schedule:
November 16th - Meetings with the Director of Health and Director of Agriculture
November 16th - Pastor’s Training with Rev. Jon Oneck
November 17th – Pastor’s Training in Nebbie
November 20th – Trip to Uleppi
November 21st – 27th – Kampala for Thanksgiving
November 25th - I am speaking at Heritage International Fellowship
November 28th – Sex Education Training
December 1st – Pastor’s Training in Nebbie