Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Easter in Arua



Hallelujah He is Risen! There is so much to Praise Jesus for in these last days! Saturday I was finally able to travel back to Arua after ten days in Kampala resting and visiting doctors about my arm. The great news is slowly but surely it is feeling better and I am able to move my fingers now which is a huge blessing! The doctors decided to take the cast off last week because they were afraid that my arm would be to stiff after a month and I might not be able to ever get full movement back. They say it will be about 3 more weeks before I am able to get my arm straight again, but there should be no permanent damage. So thank you, thank you for everyone who has been praying! I have felt covered in prayer and it has been a huge blessing!! Continue to pray as these next weeks as I go through "physical therapy" and try to regain movement in my arm...it is not fun nor easy, but necessary!

Another huge praise is that right after I arrived on Saturday our team had an Easter celebration at our house with our neighbors and house helper's families (pictures above). It was a blast and definitely the highlight of my Easter weekend. It was great to be able to love on our neighbors and share some of our American Easter traditions as well as the wonderful story of Easter! We played games, did a "sweet" hunt for the kids (we decided not to hide eggs since they would never understand why in the world we hid good food or colored it), then we ended our time with the Easter story using Resurrection eggs and with testimonies. Jesus really ordered our time and we were grateful for the opportunity to share Christ with our neighbors!! We are trusting Jesus with the seeds that were planted and for further follow up and questions in the days ahead! Would you mind joining us in prayer as we continue to form relationships with our neighbors and people in town and that we truly could be salt and light to our community!

Thank you for your prayers, encouragement, and support! I wish you all could be here to experience our ministry first hand, but know that you are a part of this ministry and without you all we could not be here! So thank you, thank you! May the power of the Risen Savior be ever present in your lives these days! Know that you all are being lifted up in prayer from Uganda!