Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Prayer Requests

Many of you have asked for an updated report on my health and plans to return to Uganda. I am sorry it has taken so long for me to update everyone on my health. I am so grateful for all your prayers and support! I cannot express to you all how much it has meant to me to have your prayers! On August 30th I spent seven hours at the infectious disease doctor, Dr. Luu. She is a very good and thorough doctor and I have heard great things about her from other doctors. I still have not heard any results from the tests that she did, but I have another appointment with her on Thursday. I am not exactly sure what all she is testing for, but evidently there are diseases that you can pick up from cattle and slaughter houses, of which I had contact with both of them, as well as many other rare disease from Africa. She is also sending me to a gastro-intenologist to see if there are parasites in my intestines, bowels, or pancreas. I am still running a low grade fever off and on and still have the pain on my upper right side. I would appreciate your continued prayers for guidance and wisdom both for the doctors and for me. Please especially pray for my doctor's appointment on Thursday that Dr. Luu will have some kind of answers and a plan of action to return back to Uganda! I am anxious to get back to Arua! I know that is where God has called me and I do not understand why I am still here, but I do know that I can trust in His timing and rest in His faithfulness! God has taught me so much during my time here that I know He will use when I do return back to Uganda! Once again thank you for all your prayers, encouragement, and support! I am truly blessed to have family and friends like you all!
The video on your left is of the children at Kid's Club singing My God is so Big they love to sing this song and sing it faster each time!